As equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is extremely important to Elexon, we have created a statement of intent and founded a Diversity Forum. It shows we value a diverse and inclusive working environment, and we know that finding the best talent means hiring a range of people with different backgrounds and experience.
What is our statement of intent?
Our statement of intent is a commitment to our colleagues and stakeholders, and we aspire to create a safe space for all within our Elexon culture. The statement has inspired actions that are relevant at an organisational and individual level, as each of us has a responsibility to improve EDI at Elexon. The statement has points that we can start implementing and working on now, such as listening to all voices and providing true equality of opportunity. The statement is also aspirational, providing long term goals which we will continually need to work towards.
Our statement of intent is:
“At Elexon, we believe a diverse and inclusive culture allows innovation and creativity to flourish. We are committed to continuously improving our culture for our colleagues and stakeholders. To do this, we want to:
- Provide true equality of opportunity
- Attract and retain diverse talent
- Listen to all voices
- Be representative of the communities we work in
- Be a role model for Diversity and Inclusion in the industry.”
Our Diversity Forum – what we have been doing to better facilitate Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Our Diversity Forum has been working hard to engrain EDI into all of our businesses practices. Over the last 12 months, the Forum has:
- Created a statement of intent and strapline
- Committed to being Disability Confident
- Implemented Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training for all colleagues including Elexon Board members
- Hosted Elexon’s first Diversity week with events focused on inclusion and being an ally in the workplace
- Hosted a Disability Awareness week with events focused on seen and unseen disabilities to encourage a supportive and inclusive culture among colleagues.
Watch our video
Watch our video to find out how important EDI is to our colleagues.